$1,595 per person shared occupancy
1 & 2 bedroom units available, double occupancy
Single Upgrades available
- 7 nights’ accommodations
- Two 2-tank boat trips daily
- Unlimited shore diving 24/7
- All-Inclusive three full meals daily
- Beach BBQ
- Free use of kayaks
- Free Wifi
- Airport Transfers
- Tanks, weights & unlimited air fills
- Free Nitrox (Nitrox certification required)
- IVS T-shirt
- Donation & Orientation to Roatan Childrens Fund (www.roatanchildrensfund.com)
- Orientation to Roatan Childrens Fund program & activities
Training offered on this trip:
- Open Water certification dives
- Advanced Open Water certification dives
- Nitrox / Enriched Air Diver
- Continuing Education Specialties – especially photography!
- Technical Diver Training
THE ISLAND & RESORT
Roatan is situated 35 miles off the north coast of Honduras lies a precious Caribbean gem: the island of Roatan. The island’s dazzling array of marine life can be found on both shallow reefs and plummeting walls. It is well-known as a destination for hunting macro critters but equally famous for encountering the largest fish in the sea: majestic whale sharks. Roatan is perfectly suited for new and veteran divers alike. With coral gardens, shipwrecks such as the Odyssey and Aguila, sand flats full of hidden delights, and action-packed shark dives, there’s never a dull moment underwater.. The island is long and narrow, 28 miles in length, with a total land mass of 49 square miles. The mountainous backbone is surrounded by extensive coral reefs, and fishing villages and towns dot the coastline.
Founded in 1982 by Bill and Evelyn Evans, Coco View is one of Roatan’s best diving resorts. From the very beginning, the management and staff at Coco View Resort have continued to develop the tradition of laid-back comfort and excellent diving that our guests have come to expect. Modern upgrades to our guest amenities and diving services have made this resort the most returned to dive resort in the world, and we are always refining our diving operation to make sure it is the ultimate in diver comfort and enjoyment.
Once we arrive on the island, our shuttle buses will whisk us on the short ride to where we’ll find CoCo View on the protected south shore of Roatan, where abundant coral reefs are situated in shallow water. And because of our location on the windward side of Roatan, the resort enjoys an almost constant gentle breeze from the prevailing winds of the Caribbean.
Situated as it is on Toatan’s southern shoreline, Coco View Resort is perched on the edge of the world’s second largest coral reef. Our trip includes twice-daily 2-tank boat diving, night diving, and truly unlimited (24/7) shore diving opportunities, as well as free nitrox for our certified divers. Explore the pristine
coral walls and a 140’ wreck in Coco View’s famous “Front Yard” – only a few fin kicks from your room! You can dive and snorkel to your heart’s content! Shore diving is available whenever you desire! Grab a tank & go!, with water temps in the high 80’s and visibility averaging over 100 feet, and frequently reaching up to 150 feet or more. Add to that the reef system runs parallel to shore for easy navigation, with minimal to non-existent currents, and you have an ideal environment in which to learn or perfect your diving and buoyancy skills.
TRAVEL WITH A PURPOSE
Through Indian Valley Travel and Indian Valley Scuba’s affiliation with the Roatan Childrens Fund program our trip includes a comprehensive overview of the educational and social programs offered to the youngest citizens on Roatan. During the week we’ll arrange some tours and visits to see some of the activities that the RCF is involved in. Many of our participants will bring their own donations of much-needed supplies for the group (IVT will provide a detailed list of donation item requests). Additionally, as part of our “deliberately different” approach to travel, a donation will be made on behalf of each participant to support the non-profit Roatan Childrens Fund programs. Individuals are encouraged to learn how to become more involved in this worthwhile cause at www.roatanchildrensfund.com
- Flight costs – unless otherwise noted. Call the shop for flight suggestions.
- Soda, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
- Optional adventure activities & tours
- Misc. trip costs – Additional meals, checked bag fees (if applicable), equipment rental, departure taxes/fees
- Travel & Dive insurance – both highly recommended for this trip. Call the shop for details
- Equipment rental is not included in package pricing
- Marine Park fee: If Applicable
Refund policy and customer responsibilities
- No refund or credit will be made on any payments
- No refund or credit will be made for any activities or lodging not used by the customer by choice or due to inclement weather
- Any payment made to Indian Valley Travel (IVT) or Indian Valley Scuba (IVS) indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions
- Valid passport (check expiration date as it must be more than 6 months from departure date)
- IVT or IVS shall not, at any time, be responsible in any way for loss, injury, or damage arising from any causes beyond its control
including but not limited to theft, cancellation, regulations or illness
- IVT or IVS accepts no liability for the consequences of personal activity by any customer
- The customer will be responsible for concerns of health, fitness to participate and personal safety
- IVT or IVS reserves the right, without notice, to make changes and/or cancellations, as it deems necessary
- Customers have the sole responsibility of ensuring their compliance with all immigration laws of the United States & the
- No changes to the trip as shown and no refunds will be granted for unused services.
Securing your trip reservation
- $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required at time of reservation
- Balance due 60 days prior to departure date