Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
Here’s the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, and select your personal gear which is included in the program
- Then the class meets on five consecutive Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 9:30 at the Indian Valley Family YMCA
- A thorough Academic Review and Final Exam will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center on a Wednesday evening after the final class
Once you’ve successfully passed the exam, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of two days. The final two dives are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips.
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also includes two additional specialty diver certifications, PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy & Coral Reef Conservation. These two programs require one additional evening of class, held at IVS, following your checkout dives in order for us to process your certifications. These classes are scheduled one Monday evening each month year-round.
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Open Water Scuba Diver
- Divers Medical Questionnaire
- IVS Model Release
- Open Water Team Teaching Tracking Form
- PADI Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
- PADI Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment
- RSTC Medical Statement
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding
2 [Six Open Water Dives]