Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
Here’s the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Call the shop at (215) 256-6000 or email us ( [email protected] ) to reserve a spot on the roster for the upcoming class and to schedule an appointment to come in to visit us and complete the registration process
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, select and get fitted for your personal gear, and get your homework assignments
- Watch for an email from your instructor introducing themself, and giving you all the details needed for you to prepare for your first class
- The class then meets on four consecutive Saturdays from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, starting at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center, and then moving over to the Souderton High School for the confined water / pool work
- This is an all-day program and we generally don’t break for lunch, so please bring snacks and drinks so we can work together to cover all the material within the allotted time frame. We’ve got a refrigerator and a microwave for your use if needed
- A thorough Academic Review and Final Exam will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center following the last class, and then we’ll take the final exam
At that point we’re getting darn close to your certification! Once you’ve successfully passed the academics and pool work, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of two days. The final two dives are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips.
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also qualifies our divers for two additional specialty diver certifications, the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy certification & the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation certification. We’ll complete the skills and practical aspect of these two programs during the course of completing our Open Water checkout dives. All that remains after that is to attend one additional evening of class, held one Monday evening each month at IVS. This can be scheduled following your checkout dives, and when completed, we’ll process your well-earned certifications. These two additional programs are included in your Open Water +Plus! program. The $250 registration fees for completion of these two additional certifications are waived when you complete your entry-level diver certification with Indian Valley Scuba – just another way that IVS diver education programs provide the greatest value for your hard-earned dollars.
Sign up today and let the adventure begin!
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Indian Valley Scuba prides itself on being the 'Deliberately Different' dive center, and our IVS-exclusive Open Water +Plus! program exemplifies that in every way. From including everything required, from textbooks, their own personal gear, instructor-supervised checkout dives, two specialty certifications, and all certification fees, you won't find any of that all too familiar "Oh, and you need to buy something else to finish" nonsense that is so prevalent in how many advertise their course prices. On top of that, in order to successfully complete our program, we require more checkout dives than anyone else (and 50% more dives than required by any training agency), as well as having our students finish the course by planning and leading their own final dives - another IVS-exclusive. Along the way, they also earn their Peak Performance Buoyancy and A.W.A.R.E. Coral Reef Conservation specialty certifications at the same time. No other dive center offers this level of training and thoroughness in each diver's personal development, and it works to achieve our goal, of preparing divers to be truly equipped mentally, physically and psychologically to be able to confidently and competently plan and execute a lifetime of amazing underwater adventures. No corner is cut in your development as a true diver and undersea explorer, and you'll definitely be proud to have earned your certification through Indian Valley Scuba. And as you travel and enjoy your awesome new sport, you'll find IVS divers in every ocean on our earth, enjoying reefs, wrecks, and everything else that the underwater world has to offer. An IVS diver can take pride in the fact that they truly earned their certification!
Open Water Scuba Diver
The course fee includes am allowance for the student to select their own required personal equipment, consisting of mask, snorkel, fins and boots (if needed for the fins selected). Students are encouraged to purchase their complete kit, although, this is not required for this program, and IVS will provide all the gear required for the pool sessions at no additional cost to the student.
- Divers Medical Questionnaire
- IVS Model Release
- Open Water Team Teaching Tracking Form
- PADI Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
- PADI Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment
- RSTC Medical Statement
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding
2 [Six Open Water Dives]