Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
NOTE: THIS CLASS MEETS ON A SPECIAL CONDENSED SCHEDULE DUE TO THE HOLIDAYS
Here are the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Call the shop (215) 256-6000 or email us ( [email protected] ) to reserve your spot in class and make an appointment to come in for in-person registration.
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, pick up your training materials, and select your personal gear, all of which is included in the program
- Then the class meets on five consecutive Thursday evenings from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, starting at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center, and then moving across the street to the Indian Valley Family YMCA for the pool work.
- After the fifth evening of academics & pool work, a thorough Academic Review and Final Exam will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center on the following Wednesday evening
Once you’ve successfully passed the academics, completed the water stamina exercises, and mastered all the skills in the pool sessions, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of two days. This is 50% more dives than required by the agency minimum standards, however, it is the best interest of the new divers, for both fun and safety in this exciting sport, to not be rushed, and to truly graduate with the confidence, competence that they deserve, and will earn by completing the IVS-exclusive program. The final dives during the open water portion of the program are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips. Check out our Trip & Travel planning calendar, or the IVS website, to see where your adventure can take you!
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also qualifies our divers for two additional specialty diver certifications, PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy & Coral Reef Conservation. We’ll complete the skills and practical aspect of these two programs during the Open Water checkout dives. These two programs also require one additional evening of class, held one Monday evening each month at IVS, following your checkout dives in order for us to process your certifications, which are included in your Open Water +Plus! program. The $225 registration fees for completion of these two additional certifications are waived when you complete your entry-level diver certification with Indian Valley Scuba. Just another way that IVS diver education programs provide the greatest value for your hard-earned dollars.
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Open Water Scuba Diver
- Divers Medical Questionnaire
- IVS Model Release
- Open Water Team Teaching Tracking Form
- PADI Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
- PADI Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment
- RSTC Medical Statement
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding
2 [Six Open Water Dives]