Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
NOTE: SATURDAY CONDENSED SCHEDULE
Here are the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Call the shop (215) 256-6000 or email us ( [email protected] ) to reserve your spot in class and make an appointment to come in for in-person registration.
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, pick up your training materials, and select your personal gear, all of which is included in the program
- Then the class meets on three (usually) consecutive Saturdays ALL DAY from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, starting at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center, and then moving to the Indian Valley Family YMCA for the pool work. NOTE: This weekend program will move back to our regular Sunday format, and we will use the Souderton High School pool, starting in July.
- This is an all-day program and we do not break for lunch, so please bring snacks and drinks so we can work together to cover all the material within the allotted time frame
- A thorough Academic Review will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center on the third day of class, followed by the Final Exam which we’ll complete before heading over for our last pool session.
Once you’ve successfully passed the academics, completed the water stamina exercises, and mastered all the skills in the pool sessions, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of two days. This is 50% more dives than required by the agency minimum standards, however, it is the best interest of the new divers, for both fun and safety in this exciting sport, to not be rushed, and to truly graduate with the confidence, competence that they deserve, and will earn by completing the IVS-exclusive program. The final dives during the open water portion of the program are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips. Check out our Trip & Travel planning calendar, or the IVS website, to see where your adventure can take you!
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also qualifies our divers for two additional specialty diver certifications, PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy & Coral Reef Conservation. We’ll complete the skills and practical aspect of these two programs during the Open Water checkout dives. These two programs also require one additional evening of class, held one Monday evening each month at IVS, following your checkout dives in order for us to process your certifications, which are included in your Open Water +Plus! program. The $225 registration fees for completion of these two additional certifications are waived when you complete your entry-level diver certification with Indian Valley Scuba. Just another way that IVS diver education programs provide the greatest value for your hard-earned dollars.
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Exclusively offered at IVS, our PADI Open Water +Plus! program is based on the complete standard PADI open water diver certification program, and so much more. For the past twenty-some years, we have continued to evolve our program to be the industry's leading diver training center in the Northeast US, and one of PADI's top 5-Star Dive & Instructor Development Centers in the nation - and we're located in Harleysville, not at a beachfront location! To ensure that divers truly emerge as great divers, with the skills, knowledge and experience for a lifetime of safe and wonderful diving, we've included two additional open water dives, both planned and led by the student-divers, plus the completion of PADI's Peak Performance Buoyancy and A.W.A.R.E Coral Reef Conservation specialty certifications. An IVS diver can take pride in the fact that they truly earned their certification!