Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
NOTE: SPECIAL HOLIDAY CONDENSED SCHEDULE
Here’s the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, and select your personal gear which is included in the program
- Then the class meets on a condensed two-week schedule, meeting:
- Class 1 – Saturday afternoon
- Clas 2 – Thursday evening
- Class 3 – Saturday afternoon
- Class 4 – Thursday evening
- Class 5 – Saturday afternoon This class will include a comprehensive academic review, and the final exam. There is no pool session scheduled for this final class meeting.
- Classes begin at the Indian Valley Scuba Dive Center, then move to the pool (unless otherwise noted). Your instructor will verify the meeting times and locations once you have registered for the class.
- On our Saturday classes we generally do not break for lunch, so please bring snacks and drinks so we can work together to cover all the material within the allotted time frame
- A thorough Academic Review and Final Exam will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center on the final day of class, followed by the final exam.
Once you’ve successfully passed the academics and poolwork, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, as well as to complete the additional dives required for the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty certification, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of at least two days. The final two dives are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips.
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also includes two additional specialty diver certifications, PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy & Coral Reef Conservation. These two programs require one additional evening of class, held at IVS, following your checkout dives in order for us to process your certifications. These classes are scheduled one Monday evening each month year-round.
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Exclusively offered at IVS, our PADI Open Water +Plus! program is based on the complete standard PADI open water diver certification program, and so much more. For the past twenty-some years, we have continued to evolve our program to be the industry's leading diver training center in the Northeast US, and one of PADI's top 5-Star Dive & Instructor Development Centers in the nation - and we're located in Harleysville, not at a beachfront location! To ensure that divers truly emerge as great divers, with the skills, knowledge and experience for a lifetime of safe and wonderful diving, we've included two additional open water dives, both planned and led by the student-divers, plus the completion of PADI's Peak Performance Buoyancy and A.W.A.R.E Coral Reef Conservation specialty certifications. An IVS diver can take pride in the fact that they truly earned their certification!