Indian Valley Scuba’s ‘signature’ Florida Keys experience. This trip is offered multiple times throughout the year. Call the shop for dates.
$899 per person shared occupancy
- 4 nights shared occupancy room accommodations
- 12 dives total (11 for OW Checkout divers)
- Optional night dive (additional fees apply)
- 2-Tank Boat trips are scheduled each morning & afternoon for certified divers
- Tanks and weights are included
- Equipment rental is available through Indian Valley Scuba. Please contact IVS to arrange
- Continuing education and additional certifications are offered on this trip. Call the shop for details
- On select Friday nights, IVS hosts special events, for our guests
Training offered on this trip:
- Open Water certification dives
- Advanced Open Water certification dives
- Continuing Education Specialties – Wreck, Deep, U/W Navigation, and more!
Ocean Point Suites is located right on the ocean in the sunny Florida Keys at mile marker 92 in Key Largo, offers luxurious two-bedroom villas. Each fully-furnished condominium is equipped with a full kitchen, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and cable television.
Ocean Point Suites surrounds it’s guests in the seclusion of a Caribbean plantation, yet offers all of Key Largo’s colorful artisan centers, fine waterfront restaurants, and tiki bars. Additionally, it offers a great pool, hot tub and a sandy beach!
Located just within minutes of your room are several of the Florida Keys best dive operations, and we have selected several that work hard to make our trips special and our guests welcome. Indian Valley Scuba’s nearly two decades of Florida Keys experience, coupled with the superb service and knowledge of the dive operators staff, as well as their central location to the best diving in Key Largo make our choice of operators guaranteed to provide the very best in safety and service for our Indian Valley Scuba divers.
Key Largo Marine Sanctuary and John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park are areas dedicated to protection and preservation which makes the diving an experience not to forget. No fishing or hunting is allowed within the parks which makes the fish more apt to explore right along side of you. These gems of the sea include enchanting schools of friendly fish, delicate soft sponges, and massive colonies of vibrantly colored coral. Water depths over the coral reef vary from 10 to 45 feet. Water temperature will vary by season with lows of 75 degrees to a high of 87 degrees with visibility ranging as high as 75 to 100 feet or more.
In addition to the reef diving, our itinerary will include the spectacular wrecks of the Duane, Spiegel Grove, Benwood and other wrecks which, as artificial reefs, have added to the thriving undersea life. Depths of these wrecks can range from 50 to 120 feet which can accommodate divers of all certification levels.
For Open Water students we enjoy our first two Friday morning dives at Jules Undersea Lodge, site of America’s only underwater hotel. Once we’ve got our skills ‘down’ and our comfort levels are ‘up’, we head out to the reef with one of our preferred Florida Keys dive operators and begin to explore the beautiful marine environment that was the very reason we decided to learn to dive in the first place. Already certified divers will begin their adventure with two reef dives in the morning, of if they’d like to refresh their skills, they are welcome to join us at the lagoon.
In addition to the reefs and wrecks, we also enjoy include a few other special features in our Florida trips. Not to be left out are the eagerly anticipated night dives to either the Benwood or City of Washington wrecks which are both actual shipwrecks with a colorful history behind each one. The nightlife, illuminated by your powerful flashlight is not to be missed. It’s a whole different world down there after dark! Each trip varies slightly and our divers may be treated to such opportunities such as Drift dives or a Creature Feature dive.
- Flight costs – unless otherwise noted. Call the shop for flight suggestions.
- Optional adventure activities & tours– including costs for optional night dive, nitrox, and larger cylinders
- Misc. trip costs – Additional meals, checked bag fees (if applicable), equipment rental, departure taxes/fees
- Travel & Dive insurance – both highly recommended for this trip. Call the shop for details
- Equipment rental is not included in package pricing
Refund policy and customer responsibilities
- No refund or credit will be made on any payments
- No refund or credit will be made for any activities or lodging not used by the customer by choice or due to inclement weather
- Any payment made to Indian Valley Travel (IVT) or Indian Valley Scuba (IVS) indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions
- IVT or IVS shall not, at any time, be responsible in any way for loss, injury, or damage arising from any causes beyond its control including but not limited to theft, cancellation, regulations or illness
- IVT or IVS accepts no liability for the consequences of personal activity by any customer
- The customer will be responsible for concerns of health, fitness to participate and personal safety
- IVT or IVS reserves the right, without notice, to make changes and/or cancellations, as it deems necessary
- Customers have the sole responsibility of ensuring their compliance with all immigration laws of the United States & the destination countries
- No changes to the trip as shown and no refunds will be granted for unused services.
Securing your trip reservation
- $400 non-refundable deposit per person is required at time of reservation
- Balance due 60 days prior to departure date
Downloadable Trip Flyer: IVT_2020 Florida Keys Reefs & Wrecks