$1,050 per person shared occupancy
Price based on standard 3-bedroom, 6 person condo occupancy
Upgrade rooms available to 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom, or Studio
- 7 nights’ accommodations
- Unlimited shore diving
- Full Breakfast daily
- Tanks, weights & unlimited air fills
- Free Nitrox (Nitrox certification required)
- 4 door Truck rental per unit
- IVS T-shirt
- Donation & Orientation to Coral Restoration Foundation
- Friday night celebration dinner
Training offered on this trip:
- Open Water certification dives
- Advanced Open Water certification dives
- Nitrox / Enriched Air Diver
- Continuing Education Specialties – especially photography!
- Technical Diver Training
THE ISLAND & RESORT
Bonaire can be best described as the jewel of the Caribbean, an arid island with desert vegetation and shore coastline surrounded by clear turquoise waters, abundant with magnificent coral formations. The entire coastline is a protected marine sanctuary which explains the abundant schools of fish. Bonaire is about 24 miles long, 3 to 7 miles wide and is located just 50 miles north of Venezuela. Bonaire is a photographer’s delight with an endless array of underwater images to capture. Join us for our 12th consecutive year in Bonaire!
We will be staying at the beautiful Buddy Dive Resort. This resort on the oceanfront not only affords ocean views, but an onsite pool and restaurant for our breakfast included daily in our package. Each three-bedroom unit offers 6-person occupancy with comfortable living area, full kitchen and dining area. Each air-conditioned bedroom has its own bathroom. Eat home cooked meals al fresco, or host your own private happy hour while watching the sunset. A short stroll to the waterfront leads you to the sun decks with lounge chairs as well as ladder accessing the ocean for swimming, snorkeling and diving off the the famous Buddy Dive House reef. Located 2 miles from the town of Kralendjik, restaurants and shops are either a nice stroll or a short drive away.
Several factors combine to offer Bonaire visitors shore diving opportunities unlike any found elsewhere in the Caribbean. One is the sheer number of shore dive sites available. With over 50 marked sites, and any number of easily accessible unmarked entry points to choose from, divers will run out of vacation time long before they run out of diving options. Bonaire’s calm west coast waters make entering the water for your dive safe and easy. And with a fringing reef no more than a 50 yards off shore, surface swims are kept to a minimum. As an arid island, Bonaire experiences little rainfall, which means waters that are exceptionally clear of silt, with visibility averaging over 100 feet, and frequently reaching up to 150 feet or more. Add to that phenomenal visibility an 18-mile long reef system that runs parallel to shore for easy navigation, minimal to non-existent currents, and you have an ideal environment in which to learn or perfect your diving and buoyancy skills.
IVS’s List of our favorite Bonaire Dive Sites
TRAVEL WITH A PURPOSE
Through Indian Valley Travel and Indian Valley Scuba’s affiliation with the Coral Restoration Foundation our trip includes a comprehensive overview of the Coral Restoration program in Bonaire as well as a tour of the Coral Nursery located on site at Buddy Dive house reef. Additionally, as part of our “deliberately different” approach to travel, a donation will be made on behalf of each participant to support the non-profit Coral Restoration program. Individuals are encouraged to learn how to become more involved in this worthwhile cause at www.coralrestoration.org.
- Flight costs – unless otherwise noted. Call the shop for flight suggestions.
- Optional adventure activities & tours
- Misc. trip costs – Additional meals, checked bag fees (if applicable), equipment rental, departure taxes/fees
- Travel & Dive insurance – both highly recommended for this trip. Call the shop for details
- Equipment rental is not included in package pricing
- Bonaire Marine Park fee: $25 cash only
Refund policy and customer responsibilities
- No refund or credit will be made on any payments
- No refund or credit will be made for any activities or lodging not used by the customer by choice or due to inclement weather
- Any payment made to Indian Valley Travel (IVT) or Indian Valley Scuba (IVS) indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions
- Valid passport (check expiration date as it must be more than 6 months from departure date)
- IVT or IVS shall not, at any time, be responsible in any way for loss, injury, or damage arising from any causes beyond its control
including but not limited to theft, cancellation, regulations or illness
- IVT or IVS accepts no liability for the consequences of personal activity by any customer
- The customer will be responsible for concerns of health, fitness to participate and personal safety
- IVT or IVS reserves the right, without notice, to make changes and/or cancellations, as it deems necessary
- Customers have the sole responsibility of ensuring their compliance with all immigration laws of the United States & the
- No changes to the trip as shown and no refunds will be granted for unused services.
Securing your trip reservation
- $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required at time of reservation
- Balance due 60 days prior to departure date
Printable Trip Flyer: Bonaire – Buddy Dive 2023